eCommerce has been one of the most rapidly evolving sectors in the last few years. Gone are the days when customers would stand in long queues outside their favorite stores to make purchases. From groceries to expensive electronic gadgets, everything is available online.
If you are an online seller willing to enhance your venture, Shopify Salesforce integration is definitely worth giving a shot at! The integration helps you combine the functionalities of an eCommerce solution with a CRM platform.
It allows you to share your valuable business data across both platforms to improve your processes. Integrating Shopify with Salesforce also prevents your teams from working on two different platforms.
Before getting into the nitty-gritty details of Shopify Salesforce integration, let us briefly understand the two platforms.
What Is Shopify?
Shopify is a leading eCommerce solution that helps online sellers set up storefronts and manage them effectively. From creating websites/applications and listing your products to managing orders and payments, Shopify lets you manage all activities related to online selling.
The cloud-based platform makes it easy for businesses to launch online storefronts. Whether you want to switch an offline business to an online platform or start a dedicated online storefront, Shopify lets you manage multiple business processes using a centralized platform.
It is important to note that Shopify is not limited to managing online storefronts. Its services also extend to a brick-and-mortar store, helping you manage all your outlets and provide a unified shopping experience to your customers.
The eCommerce solution helps you manage online and offline inventory across multiple stores, saving the time and effort spent by your team members on a daily basis.
Also, read: Salesforce Slack Integration: A Complete Guide
What Is Salesforce?
Salesforce is the most beloved CRM solution that has been helping businesses manage their customer databases for over two decades. The cloud-based platform helps you record, track, and analyze valuable customer records to provide tailor-made services.
Salesforce provides you with its services via different products, such as the Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, Commerce Cloud, and more. Each Salesforce product is dedicated to a specific industry or department of an organization.
Salesforce also helps you automate your business processes and workflows with its tools and features. Scanning valuable business data, it helps you prepare customizable reports for making data-driven decisions.
Looking for Salesforce Shopify Integration Services?
Send us your requirements, we will get back to you with a quote
Why Should Your Integrate Shopify With Salesforce?
Here are a few reasons why you should consider Salesforce Shopify integration:
Managing Data Simultaneously
The biggest benefit offered by Shopify Salesforce integration is that it lets you manage data between both platforms simultaneously. It lets you analyze, track, and manage your eCommerce and CRM data using a single unified solution.
The integration helps you sync important data points, such as orders, collections, payments, customers, etc., between Shopify and Salesforce, allowing your teams to provide a unified experience to your prospects and customers.
Converting Customers Into Contacts
Another major benefit of Salesforce Shopify integration is that it helps you convert your Shopify customers into Salesforce contacts. Once a customer makes a purchase from your storefront, their details are recorded in your CRM database in real time.
This prevents you from manually transferring your customer details from Shopify to Salesforce to nurture them further. After recording your customers as contacts, you can analyze them and provide them with personalized services through the integrated solution.
Managing Multiple Shopify Storefronts
The impeccable CRM functionality of Salesforce helps you manage multiple Shopify stores on Salesforce. This prevents you from switching between different stores to manage them.
The integration provides you with a holistic view of all your stores on a single platform, making it easier for your team to look after them individually.
The ability to manage multiple stores also helps you track customer journeys and experiences across all your stores without switching between different platforms.
Valuable Data Analytics
Salesforce is known for its smart data analytics. With Salesforce Shopify integration, you can analyze the purchases made by your customers from your online storefronts.
The integration also helps you analyze the searches made by your prospects/customers to personalize your services according to their preferences.
Options for Salesforce Shopify Integration
There are several options for integrating Salesforce and Shopify:
- Use the Shopify app on the Salesforce AppExchange: This app allows you to sync your Shopify store data with Salesforce, including orders, customers, and products. You can also create and update Shopify records from within Salesforce.
- Use a third-party integration platform: There are several third-party platforms that offer integration between Salesforce and Shopify, such as Zapier, Integromat, and Workato. These platforms allow you to create automation workflows between the two systems and integrate with other tools and systems as well.
- Use the Shopify API and Salesforce’s Apex programming language: If you have technical expertise, you can use the Shopify API and Salesforce’s Apex language to build a custom integration between the two platforms. This option gives you complete control over the integration and allows you to tailor it to your specific needs.
Which option you choose will depend on your business needs and your level of technical expertise. If you just need basic data sync and don’t have a lot of technical expertise, the Shopify app on the AppExchange may be sufficient. If you need more advanced functionality or want to integrate with other tools and systems, a third-party integration platform or custom integration may be a better choice.
Third-Party Integrators for Shopify and Salesforce
There are several third-party platforms that offer integration between Shopify and Salesforce:
- Zapier: Zapier is a popular automation platform that allows you to connect Shopify and Salesforce and create custom automation workflows between the two systems. You can also use Zapier to integrate with other tools and systems.
- Integromat: Integromat is another automation platform that allows you to create custom integrations between Shopify and Salesforce, as well as other tools and systems. It offers a wide range of features and customization options.
- Workato: Workato is a cloud-based integration platform that allows you to connect Shopify and Salesforce and automate your workflows between the two systems. It also offers a range of features and customization options.
These platforms allow you to create complex integration workflows and automate a wide range of tasks and processes between Shopify and Salesforce. They also offer a range of pricing options, so you can choose the plan that best fits your business needs.
Connecting Shopify With Salesforce With API
Shopify provides users with application programming interfaces (APIs) to integrate them with different applications and services. Salesforce also contains APIs that help you create Shopify Salesforce integration.
Here are the major steps you can follow to integrate Shopify with Salesforce using API:
- Step 1: Start by logging into your Shopify account and navigating to Settings. Here, click on the option of “Apps and sales channels.”, followed by clicking on “Develop Apps.”
- Now, click the name of the application whose credentials you are looking for. Click on the API credentials and note the API and secret keys.
- Step 2: You can now access the customer list with a CURL command.
- Step 3: Now, you can format the JSON into CSV using a command-line JSON processor.
- Step 4: Use the Salesforce Bulk API to load the required data. You can now create your configuration file for starting the sequence.
- Step 5: Now, you need to log into your previous configuration file. This will make the command response show you a session-id. Note this id.
- Step 6: You can now create a configuration file to initiate your Bulk API.
- Step 7: After this step, you can start the Bulk API request with your configuration file. You can now see a job-id in response to this command. Make a note of this id.
- Step 8: You can now add a batch to the job for inserting your data using the CSV file used in the third step. You can also use the job-id from the previous step. If you want to split a job into different batches, add more batches using the same command with multiple files.
- Step 9: Finally, you can confirm the job’s status to end the integration. One of the biggest benefits of integrating Shopify and Salesforce with API is that it facilitates direct data sharing.
Connecting Shopify With Salesforce Using Native API
You can also go ahead with Salesforce Shopify integration using the Salesforce Data Export Wizard and the Shopify Data Export Wizard.
However, it is important to note that this method requires you to use a manual file to export your data from Shopify to Salesforce.
Moreover, there are a few limitations of this method despite the API tools being available to you.
Here are the major steps involved in connecting Shopify and Salesforce using Salesforce Data Import Wizard and Shopify Data Import Wizard:
- Step 1: Log into your Shopify account, navigate to the “Customers” tab, and click on the option of “Export.”
- Step 2: Now, select the option of “Plain CSV” as your file format.
- Step 3: Click on the “Export Customers” option. You will now receive a CSV file with selected customers in your inbox.
- Step 4: You can now open Salesforce and put Data Import Wizard in the Quick Find box. Now, select Data Import Wizard.
- Step 5: You can now click on Launch Wizard, followed by selecting “Accounts and Contacts” under “What Kind Of Data Are You Importing?” from the Standard Objects tab.
- Now, click on “Match Contact By Email” under the option of “What Do You Want To Do?” Then, choose the CSV file you want to import from Shopify and click “Next.”
- Step 6: You will not need to map the suitable fields from your CSV file fields to the relevant Salesforce Contact object fields. Your Shopify CSV file will include the first and last names, email addresses, and phone numbers of your contacts. You can directly map these fields
However, it is important to note that Shopify does not include the Title and Salutation fields. You will, therefore, not be able to map these fields to Salesforce.
This is a fairly simple way of integrating Shopify with Salesforce. Shopify makes it easy for its users to export their datasets depending on their preferences. On the other hand, Salesforce provides users with the ability to import data quickly through its Data Import Wizard.
Let’s now talk about the limitations of this method. Firstly, this method requires your administrator to export your data manually from Shopify and import the same to your Salesforce org. One of the biggest limitations here is the lack of instant sync and automation.
Secondly, the Salesforce Data Import Wizard is only capable of importing 50,000 records at a time. If you want to import more records, you will need to load them into multiple batches.
Thirdly, the administrator here will not be able to transform your data from Shopify before it is moved to Salesforce. Make sure you are aware of these limitations before you carry on with Salesforce Shopify integration.
Benefits of Shopify Salesforce Integration
There are several benefits to integrating Shopify and Salesforce:
- Improved efficiency: By integrating the two platforms, you can streamline your workflows and eliminate the need to manually transfer data between the two systems. This can save you time and increase your productivity.
- Better customer management: Salesforce is a powerful customer relationship management (CRM) tool and integrating it with Shopify allows you to manage your customer data in one place. This can help you better understand your customers and improve your customer service.
- Enhanced sales and marketing: Salesforce offer a range of sales and marketing tools and integrating it with Shopify allows you to track your online sales and better target your marketing efforts.
- Seamless data sync: The integration ensures that your data is always up to date and accurate, allowing you to make informed decisions based on real-time data.
- Customization options: You can customize the integration to meet the specific needs of your business, such as syncing specific data fields or automating certain tasks.
Overall, Shopify and Salesforce integrating can help you manage your online store more effectively, improve your customer relationships, and drive sales and growth for your business.
The Final Word
These were some of the most important Salesforce Shopify integration methods you can implement within your organization. Integrating the two platforms provides your team members with a centralized platform and leverages a range of business processes. While Shopify helps you set up and manage your online storefronts, Salesforce helps you manage your customer database while streamlining your processes.
A: The Shopify-Salesforce integration is a way to connect your Shopify store with Salesforce, allowing you to sync data between the two platforms and automate your workflows. You can sync orders, customers, products, and other data, and use Salesforce’s CRM and sales and marketing tools to better manage your online store.
A: There are several options for setting up the integration, depending on your needs and technical expertise. You can use the Shopify app on the Salesforce AppExchange, use a third-party integration platform such as Zapier or Integromat, or build a custom integration using the Shopify API and Salesforce’s Apex programming language.
A: The integration can improve efficiency, customer management, and sales and marketing efforts for your online store. It can also help you make informed decisions based on real-time data, and offers customization options to meet the specific needs of your business.
A: Yes, you can use the integration to automate your workflows between Shopify and Salesforce. For example, you can set up the integration to automatically create a new contact in Salesforce whenever a new customer is added to your Shopify store. You can also use a third-party integration platform, such as Zapier or Integromat, to create more complex automation workflows.
A: Yes, you can view and update Shopify data from within Salesforce using the Shopify app on the AppExchange or a third-party integration platform. This allows you to manage your Shopify store and customer data in one place, using the powerful CRM and sales and marketing tools available in Salesforce.