Today in the world of digital signatures, DocuSign is the foremost provider of digital signatures and approvals that allow you to submit contracts and agreements to all your signees that require digital signatures.
It is a reliable way to electronically sign documents and contracts from about anywhere in the world using any device. Salesforce, on the other hand, is a well-known Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application that streamlines sales and marketing procedures.
In addition to maintaining your database and providing relevant feedback and ideas, it helps your marketing team gather, record, store, sort, and evaluate crucial customer data.
Now, let us now discuss the Salesforce and DocuSign integration process and how it benefits you. Let us not keep you waiting too long.
Integration of Salesforce DocuSign helps close more deals, increase productivity, and reduce paper waste, all of which lead to time savings. You can rapidly access information from Salesforce objects like Lead, Account, Contact, Opportunity, etc. using this platform.
Additionally, it establishes a link between your Salesforce account and DocuSign so that changes to the recipient status and DocuSign envelope are updated in your Salesforce account.
DocuSign Salesforce integration enables you to generate every agreement quickly and securely for your business. It allows you to use the cloud platform to access your data from anywhere in the world.
Through DocuSign integration, even the most complex workflows can be automated more quickly, accelerating your business’s growth.
Understanding of the process of Salesforce DocuSign Integration
1) DocuSign Salesforce Integration Using APIs
DocuSign is a provider of digital signatures that helps in reducing the length of the sales cycle, boosting closing rates, boosting productivity, and minimizing paper waste.
This process can be applied to all your papers, including quotes and other paperwork. Instead of manually signing your documents, you may use the Salesforce API to digitally sign them.
Steps for Salesforce Integration with DocuSign
1) Go to Salesforce AppExchange.
2) Search for DocuSign.
3) Install the application by clicking on the “Get in Now” button.
4) Make your account and configure it.
You need to follow each of these steps, let us now discuss them in detail:
1) Log in to DocuSign
2) Click on your portrait (icon) in the top right corner and choose ‘Go to Admin.’
3) In the Integrations section, on the left side panel, click Connect.
4) To access your Salesforce, Connect Configuration, click on it.
5) Select New Object > Salesforce Object by scrolling down.
6) Name and describe your new object.
7) In your case, choose Salesforce Object: Contracts.
8) Choose Where – Salesforce.com Field: Contracts ID (id) and DocuSign Field: Envelope External Contracts.
9) Check the Attach DocuSign Documents box.
10) Choose the Filename type and Contents you want, then choose the Completed document only checkbox.
11) If desired, check the box to attach the DocuSign certificate.
12) Save your new object.
2) Steps to Set up DocuSign Salesforce Integration using OAuth
The following steps need to be carried out to complete the DocuSign Salesforce Integration:
Step 1) Configuring DocuSign in Salesforce
You can download the DocuSign App from the Salesforce AppExchange and set up your account. Click the DocuSign tab in your Salesforce account.
- Log in to Salesforce as an Administrator.
- Select the Salesforce App Launcher grid and click on it.
- Select View All from the drop-down menu.
- Find and click on the DocuSign eSignature tile.
- Select the DocuSign Admin tab from the menu at the top of the page.
- Click the DocuSign tab after navigating there. There appears a new tab with your connected DocuSign account.
Step 2) DocuSign Salesforce Integration using OAuth
Click on the Settings link at the top of the DocuSign account page.
Select the Connect option from the Integrations header in the left-hand navigation bar. Select the “Add Configuration” button. Choose Salesforce from the dropdown menu.
The icon for Salesforce Connect will show up now.
Now, complete the following steps:
- Choose the OAuth Radio button.
- Select the OAuth Connect button.
- Choose the Salesforce SOAP Web Services API version that you want from the dropdown menu.
- Salesforce’s environment: Select between URL, Production, and Test.
- You must provide your OAuth access token here.
- Select the Connect option.
You’ve successfully integrated Salesforce and DocuSign. The DocuSign and Salesforce integration uses OAuth. Salesforce usernames and passwords are unchangeable and cannot be deleted, therefore the connection is secure.
Also, read: Salesforce WordPress Integration: How to perform
Why integrate DocuSign with Salesforce?
DocuSign eSignature for Salesforce is created to maximize the Salesforce investment for small to growing businesses by supporting sales teams throughout all phases of their sales cycle.
You can quickly pull data from a variety of Salesforce objects, including Lead, Account, Opportunity, Contact, and more, using the Salesforce interface with DocuSign.
Some of the major advantages of this integration are:
1) Improved customer experience
Your business can offer a more comprehensively improved customer experience because of the security, accuracy, and efficiency that Salesforce integration with DocuSign provides.
Your customers would welcome the opportunity to work with more innovative solution suppliers. With this integration, they could sign the documents from any location and on any type of device. Your customers will not have to wait as long for agreements or put their security at risk.
2) Operation cost reduction
You can effortlessly control your financial spending with Salesforce and DocuSign because everything is digital and in the cloud.
The cost that would have been incurred for workers to handle and track the documents is avoided.
As a result, you may use your money to invest in parts of your business that have higher returns on investment. Marginal costs for printing, faxing, mailing, and printing are also controlled.
3) Speed up turnaround times
You can quickly reduce the turnaround time for customer agreements to hours or even a few minutes with DocuSign Salesforce integration.
As a result of the workflow’s automation, your employees’ productivity will grow because they will not ever need to leave Salesforce.
4) Enhanced efficiency and accuracy
The process of adding a signature is now quicker, easier, and error-free. There will be little to no error because the Salesforce integration with DocuSign automates the processes of agreement development and signing.
Errors that may have been avoided are significantly more likely to occur when employees manually complete these laborious tasks.
The entire paperwork process is accurate. It becomes simple to combine the data from any of the Salesforce objects into the agreement.
5) More Secure option with reduced paper waste
The workflow and system are automated, making the process secure and compliant within the law. Another advantage of this is that you can drastically minimize paper waste by digitizing contracts with the Salesforce and DocuSign interface.
Going digital and reducing your dependency on paper allows you to contribute more towards environmentally friendly business practices.
Why Use DocuSign?
- DocuSign provides us the ability to leverage Salesforce (merge) fields by allowing us to drag and drop data fields into crucial documents. There is no need for programming expertise with this, which lowers running costs.
- DocuSign makes it simple and efficient to shift everything online and reduce paperwork.
- DocuSign for Salesforce allows users to close deals in the cloud and resend them to all signing parties for acceptance. Users always know what changed, when it was changed, and who signed off because all changes are tracked throughout the process.
- No matter the time, location, distance, or even device, you can securely and effectively send and receive the documents.
- DocuSign removes the need for paper, ink, printing, faxing, and postage, as well as 100% accurate and secure transactions. It also cuts down on team handling and tracking of documents. Both Salesforce and already-existing systems keep track of the transactional details.
- Additionally, it offers single sign-on functionality, which eliminates the need for users to remember and manage multiple passwords by instantly logging them into DocuSign using their current Salesforce username and password.
- There is no chance of losing the documents you send because they are saved in the cloud. They are constantly present in the cloud, secure, and in the appropriate place.
Salesforce DocuSign License Cost
The price of a Salesforce and DocuSign license varies depending on the edition, tools, and capabilities it offers.
1) Personal ($10 per user per month): Includes the essential fields and the basic version for one user.
2) Standard ($25 per user per month): This version is for up to 5 users with reminders and notifications, features for mobile apps, customized branding, and more.
3) Pro ($40 per user per month): This includes bulk messaging, advanced fields, payment collection, signer attachments, etc.
DocuSign Salesforce integration cost will include the price of the license and the services of the development team.
Some tips for better integration that need your consideration
The following five essential considerations help you with better DocuSign and Salesforce integration planning.
1) Make sure you understand the customer journey you intend to create
You should be clear about what you are trying to accomplish from the very beginning.
2) Always keep the experience of your employees in mind
Make sure how to make the best use of the integration so that the employees can make the best use of it.
3) Inform others about the implementation
Internal and external communication is essential. This helps in change management.
4) Have a trusted partner
Have a project manager who can be on call and quickly make modifications, such as an external expert.
5) Create and update your roadmap
Spend some time really understanding the technology roadmap.
This comprehensive guide provided information on DocuSign and Salesforce integration. For most businesses, the benefit of the Salesforce DocuSign Integration is clear. DocuSign is a user-friendly digital transaction management solution that makes exchanging and signing electronically signed documents in the cloud, which is simple, safe, and effective. You can automate this procedure directly in your CRM.
Data syncing can be time-consuming even after DocuSign Salesforce Integration. To set up DocuSign Salesforce Integration for such processes, users/business teams should have a Salesforce account and grant the necessary permissions. Connecting with the experts who can help you with this is recommended. All the best!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
A platform known as DocuSign Salesforce integration enables Salesforce users to generate and deliver documents so that they can be digitally signed by the concerned individuals. It combines an electronic signature platform (DocuSign) and a corporate CRM platform (Salesforce).
In addition to helping users in obtaining their Salesforce signatures digitally, the integrated platform helps users in shortening sales cycles and close agreements much more quickly as there is no time-consuming paperwork.
11 native languages, including Mandarin (simplified), Dutch, Japanese, English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, and Russian, are supported by the DocuSign Salesforce interface. Additionally, the integrated platform is enabled with a browser-like signing experience in 44 languages.
Yes, electronic signatures are safe, legally binding, and used in most international commercial transactions. DocuSign’s main concern is keeping your information safe. To ensure the privacy, availability, authenticity, and enforceability of your DocuSign transactions, rigorous security standards are followed.
It is easy, based on your requirements. With a free account, you can electronically sign documents for no cost anywhere and on almost any device.
Additionally, it gives you the option to distribute up to three documents for signatures. DocuSign offers a variety of options to suit every business need, whether you want to send out more than three documents for signature or are interested in other premium features.