When Satya Nadella took over as the CEO of Microsoft he shifted the focus of the organization to Cloud. The revenue from Cloud Services grew to $20.3 billion in June 2013 from $16.6 billion when he took over in 2011
Dynamics 365 is the latest offering from Microsoft which promises to bring your entire business to the cloud. Dynamics 365 combines ERP + CRM packages together which helps organizations utilize the same data across various modules available in Dynamics 365. One such example is the same data that was captured as a lead is utilized while generating invoices or maintaining books of accounts in future.
Dynamics 365 includes following modules
Dynamics 365 for Sales
– Contains the core functionalities of Dynamics CRM including leads, sales and contracts.
Dynamics 365 for Field Service
– This module can be used in companies with field agents.
Dynamics 365 for Customer Service
– Customer services was earlier part of Dynamics CRM this has been created as a separate module since not everyone used Customer service module with CRM
Dynamics 365 for Project Service Automation
– Project Service module allows estimation and scheduling of projects in Dynamics 365.
Dynamics 365 for Marketing
– The marketing module is used by marketing departments for various marketing activities.
Dynamics 365 for Financials
– This module was earlier part of Dynamics NAV used for financial activities.
Dynamics 365 for Operations
– Previously known as Microsoft Dynamics AX, the operations module contains all the financials and operations functionality of AX
These modules are designed in a way that customers can purchase and utilize them separately as and when required by an organization.
At its base Dynamics, 365 includes a few applications like
Microsoft Power Apps
– A new tool to build custom business apps.
– A new tool to build custom workflows.
– A fully managed big data and analytical business suite.
– Power BI is a suite of business analytics tools to analyze data and share insights.
These applications are cross-cutting across various Microsoft products available over the cloud.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is available in two editions:
Dynamics 365 Enterprise Edition:
Enterprise edition is designed for larger companies with more than 250 employees. It includes the capabilities of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM Online.
Dynamics 365 Business Edition:
Business edition of Dynamics is designed for smaller companies with 10 to 249 employees. This edition includes the Financials capability of Dynamics NAV.
To know more and you can visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/first-look or contact our consultants at www.cynoteck.com/contact-us