- Posted by Neeraj Maurya
- On January 13, 2020
- features of Magento
Magento is an open-source eCommerce software for developing ingenious eCommerce websites, created by Varien Inc. (Private IT company from the US). It is a well-designed eCommerce platform that offers rich and flexible functionality to merchants for online retail stores.
This open-source platform is also capable of driving maximum sales and increase conversion rates.
Below are the top features of Magento eCommerce Development Platform:
1. Catalog Management:
Catalog management is one of the key components of the online shop. In Magento, the inventory system admin can easily maintain the inventory and it also offers the following features:
- Easy to maintain simple, configurable and grouped products.
- Easy to download products with samples.
- Unlimited usage of product attributes
- Flexibility on maintaining Inventory with backorders items, minimum and maximum quantities.
- Automatic functionality for image resizing and watermarking
- Ability to personalized customer products etc.
- Feature for RSS feeds and many more.
2. Site Management:
Magento provides excessive features to merchants for online site management.
Below are some of the features:
- One Administration panel to control multiple websites and stores
- Administration permission for system roles and users.
- Fully customized design using the template.
- Unlimited support for multiple languages and currencies.
- Inbuilt functionality for Content Management and Landing Pages.
- Individual functionality for tax per location, product type, and customer group.
- Captcha functionality to prevent fake logins.
3. Product Browsing:
Magento also provides product browsing features to the merchant to enhance the user experience from the online shopping store.
The key features are:
- Functionality for multiple images per product.
- Ability to maintain stock availability
- Features for related products and multitier pricing upsell.
- Features for grouped product view.
- Functionality to add an item to wish list.
4. Checkout, shipping, and payment:
While choosing the best platform for shopping cart the biggest concerns is shipping and payment processes, but Magento offers a brilliant incorporated solution for payment and shipping options.
Below are the key features.
- One-page checkout functionality
- Ability to ship at multiple addresses in one order.
- SSL security support for front-end/back-end order
- Functionality for a shopping cart with tax and shopping estimates.
- Integration with multiple payment gateways.
- Functionality for accepting checks/money orders, purchase orders.
- Additional availability of payment extension through Magento Connect.
- Order Tracking, free shipping, flat-rate shipping and more.
5. User Account Management:
In Magento, it is easy to maintain and manage user account with lots of added functionality and options.
- Easy to understand dashboard account;
- Functionality for maintaining recent orders, history, and status.
- Saving wish list to give the user the option to purchase the item later.
- By default, billing and shipping address
- Availability for downloadable/digital products.
6. Mobile friendly Commerce:
In Magento, one can easily create and optimize mobile devices for an eCommerce store.
It includes features such as:
- All device-specific media capabilities for audio and video
- Capability for displaying clean product detail page
- Easy to swipe between product images
- Zoom in and out capabilities
- Product Cross-sell and up-sell functionality
- Mobile friendly drag and drop functionality.
If you are willing to open an eCommerce store and looking forward to something that can be easily maintained and capable of handling e-commerce needs, then there is no better choice than Magento.