The evolution of conventional marketing for product and service awareness started back in the era of the printing press then moved to black and white television that reigned for the last 60+ years. Some forms of conventional marketing including popular mediums like television, newspapers, mailers, brochures, billboards, and radio used to be the core center of attraction to engage people.
With the dot-com era of the year 2000 onwards, conventional marketing has all most faded away with the advent of digital marketing. Technological innovations such as high-speed access to the internet on the smartphone have further driven the advance of digital marketing. The two main pillars of marketing, traditional and digital are the byproducts of the technology evolution, as conventional reigned in the past and digital is reigning in the present.
The three facets of conventional marketing:
- Print marketing. This kind of marketing is advertising in paper form and it often makes use of the newspaper. Although print marketing is the oldest form of advertising, now-a-days it lags behind the digital form of marketing via Internet
- Broadcast marketing: This includes advertisements through television and radio. With the technological advancements in the form of the internet, radio is outdated, but still proves effective for advertisements. The efficiency can depend on what age you are targeting with your marketing.
- Direct mail marketing: In this form of marketing printed materials are in the form of brochures and sent directly to houses. Postcards and letters were used for sales promotional activities.
Out of these conventional modes of advertising, the broadcast marketing is still in use as mid-sized companies and large corporations make use of television advertisements to capture the instant attention of the viewers. The overwhelming majority of households worldwide possess at least one television and so it remains as an effective means for marketing. Any advertisement that comes in the mid of an interesting reality show, daily soaps or breaking news has a chance to catch the attention of the viewers tuned into the TV for a while.
Conventional marketing faded by the swift Digital marketing
Television advertisements are the most expensive form of marketing, getting the speedy notice in front of so many viewers at the same time can harvest vast results on the advertisement’s conversion. Even still they are not always the most effective. As for print media, it can be effective depending on your target market. Usually an older market will respond better to print advertising, but there are exceptions. On the other hand, direct mail marketing of brochures, postcards, and letters have almost vanished in the digital revolution of the internet for many businesses. It can become costly to print hundreds of flyers and get them all delivered on time.
The digital uprising has opened up various cheap alternatives as compared to the conventional marketing strategies.
- There is over 1 billion websites on the internet and rapid progress with the evolution of more responsive newer websites has only made this number increase faster.
- There is over 2.2 million Android and iOS app with new features and functionalities capturing the interest of the user’s day by day.
Expedited digital marketing with the all new trends in social media
A website should rank high in Google searches to be the most effective, we use digital mediums like SEO, SEM, and SMM for the online branding to increase this ranking. With more information on how to integrate social selling to boost your sales using MS Dynamics CRM, you can enhance sales figure effectively. We work on various techniques of SEO to get organic ranking through digital marketing such as the following:
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
The Search engine indexing is a technical process carried out by the SEO experts to organically achieve top rank of the website on the major search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo. This is critical to getting your content discovered by new potential customers.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
In case we want to be at the top position in search engine instantly, then we can use the paid form of the digital marketing which is often called search engine marketing. In search engine marketing we work on different platforms like we can take use of the Google AdWords, Bing , yahoo Ads, Facebook Ads, and LinkedIn Ads.
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
Social Media is the latest form of digital marketing, we can meet the mass audience at the same time by social media consisting Facebook, Twitter, linkedIn, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google Plus, Reddit, Instagram and many more. This can be one of the most cost friendly and efficient ways of marketing.
More content produced helps you rank higher in search engines. Thus extra efforts are put into generating all kinds of content and publishing it on various article submission sites for content syndication.
E-mail direct marketing
This is also a tactic followed by the SEO persons, to build brand awareness and trust, by sending emails to a potential or current customer or building rapport for inbound link with other niche sites. A CRM can help out in this regard.
Display advertising is also the part of Google AdWords and involves placing display ads across the internet.
Futuristic social media marketing is easy and fast
This mix of the big influx of websites and mobile apps opens a wide scope of advertising opportunities for the companies and corporate sectors altogether. In the midst of all these, the social media sites multiplied the interest of the people.
- There are billions of users on FaceBook and millions on other social media platforms such as Twitter and Instagram.
- Targeting such great online users with strategic web designing & development form of digital marketing campaigns is almost instant, easy and effective.
- Digital marketing is the new norm of online advertisements as it gives the competitive advantage by creating and developing the brand image, awareness, and loyalty.
- Google Analytics, Google Webmaster tools, Google Ad words are some of the digital marketing platforms for organic and paid advertising.
- Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine Optimization help to track and manage customers, boost customer engagement effectively and efficiently.
- Social Media Marketing runs marketing campaigns in different social channels strategizing with blogging, Web content writing & email marketing.
- Facebook Ads are the simplest way to catch up with the online promotion of the business to target large viewer audiences with different demographics.
Expedited digital marketing with all new trends in social media
The all-new focus on digital marketing shifted towards online videos, as this YouTube platform has emerged as a top most powerful search engine. YouTube is constantly coming out with new ways to increase viewership and engagement on their platform such as with 360 videos. Videos of this type are shot and the view is recorded in every direction by an omnidirectional camera. Take advantage of the giant platform and interesting abilities this social media site offers you. FaceBook has also followed the steps of YouTube and added a 360-video feature which you can utilize as well and increase your brands engagement.
Twitter a microblogging platform that is often used by companies to update their customers. On the other hand, LinkedIn is a professional social networking site loved by professionals to strengthen the their bonds with a huge database of other professionals. These top social networking sites are loved globally for the connected information flow between the users and they open up a new avenue for digital marketing, as more and more business houses are trying for online branding with these platforms. This sudden surge in global innovation can better be put into words with the famous quotes of Microsofts Bill Gates
Never before in history has innovation offered promise of so much to so many in so short a time. -Bill Gates
Although conventional marketing has lost the effectiveness with the new forefronts of digital marketing, it still retains its charm. Even digital marketing will be outdated with the new rise of the Internet of technology (IOT). New forms of advertisements will take place as more and more research and innovation are carried on in this futuristic technology. One such emerging technology is MS Dynamics 365 that can have the transformational impact on customer sales cycle through effective marketing, expediting your techno-business process via the comprehensive combination of Power BI, IOT, Cortana and office 365, driving productivity through intelligent business. Get more insight on MS Dynamics CRM role for your business and get the answer to your question on this, you can definitely contact our subject matter expert consultant by clicking on the side link.