What is Azure DevOps
According to Microsoft “DevOps is the union of people, process, and products to enable continuous delivery of value to your end users.”
Azure DevOps refers to the process of continuous integration and continuous delivery of the product to end user. Whenever a new change detected in the repository the build process is started and if a successful build is created the process of deployment started and the newly committed change reflected on the server automatically. So one can automate the process of build and deployment by using DevOps pipeline.
Benefits of Azure DevOps
Azure DevOps is a cloud-based developer’s tool that provides users the ability to create automated CI/CD pipeline. Here is the list of key benefits of Azure DevOps for Development.
In a DevOps organization, we can track who is responsible for which task by using Azure Board. We can also check the health of the project using Azure board.
Azure Repos provide you build Git Repositories hosted in the cloud. Hosting code in Azure Repos, you ensure that everyone on your team can access, track task and contribute to it if they have access for this.
DevOps must have a continuous delivery pipeline. In order to be effective, this pipeline automates the most of task to deliver software, from developing software to deployment and deployment to production. This pipeline should provide the facility to clear communication between the various teams that manage these tasks.
Azure DevOps Build Pipelines provides an easy way to set up an automated pipeline. This provides a fully cloud-based environment for building and deploying software.
- Select Builds ->New ->New Build Pipeline
- Select a source (Azure Repos Git, Git Hub, SVN, etc.) and select continue
- We have multiple templates for different technologies like.Net Desktop, Android, Asp.NET, Maven, Docker, Xcode, ASP.Net Core, C# Functions, etc. Select a template or you can select an empty job.
- Provide a name for pipeline.
- Provide a path to solution or “packages.config” in parameters.
- Provide artifact name to the pipeline. (This field is linked to setting in ‘Publish Artifact’)
- Select ‘Save & queue’ option from top menus.
- After this, you will see notification of build has queued.
- Click on created build number and you will see the project building status. You can check the logs for your application build.
- You can check the details of a particular log by click on it.
- You can check you artifact name under artifact menu.
Similarly, we can create a pipeline for continuous deployment.
Select a template to deploy your application.
Add stages for your application. For Azure deployment we need
- Azure subscription
- App service name
Azure DevOps Pipeline provides a central location where all team members can coordinate all your manual test activities, track project progress, and get critical insights.
As a basic user, you can now create tests for your user’s stories and run tests right on your Kanban board.
Create, host, and share packages with your team, and add artifacts to your CI/CD pipelines or Azure DevOps Pipeline with a single click.
Do you need help in automating the process of continuous deployment of Continuous Integration (CI) & Continuous deployment (CD) using Azure DevOps CI/CD pipeline into your project? We are Microsoft Gold Partner and leading expert in Azure DevOps CD/CI Pipeline.