- Posted by Neeraj Maurya
- On December 22, 2016
- Conventional Sales, Conventional Sales Vs Digital Sales, digital sales, digital sales strategy, online sales vs traditional sales, traditional sales, what is digital sales
The whole concept of making an innovative product and connecting it with the buyers starts off, with the right sales strategy that acts as the bridge between the sellers and buyers. The old conventional methods of sales are outdated now and the present sales methods will be outdated in the future, with the consistent evolution of innovative technology, witnessed in every decade. I’ve mentioned in my previous post about Conventional Marketing Vs Digital Marketing Demystified but that completely focused towards marketing as a whole, providing insight on how Digital Marketing overall innovative trends affect business. This post reviews on the comparison between conventional and digital sales differences and our analysis on all the technological innovations influencing sales.
The old form of sales termed as conventional sales proved effective, in the yesteryears is totally outcast today with the advent of new high-speed internet enabled smartphone, tablet and laptop. Moving on with a brief roundup of all the conventional forms of sales that faded with the all-new digital sales, here is a refresher on how lightening digital technology will let you shop instantly at fingertips in the comfort of your home. This way you get the things you like from distant part of the world without traveling a bit.
Digital Sales innovation a tech relief for all the cold calling efforts
The basic of selling a product starts from the initial efforts, made by the sales person, to call the prospect and calling the prospect is one of the primary tasks that comes in hit and miss sales effort. Depending upon the selling caliber of the sales person and the communicative convincing methods, the salesman determines the buying interest of the prospect by giving an overview description of the overall product.
- On the basis of the performance profile of the salesman, multiple calls can be done to attract the prospect interest, to move the lead forward to the sales funnel.
- After the initial call if the prospect gives time to meet the salesperson, then the next phase of showing the demo starts off and a particular day is finalized to meet the prospect.
- Then, the next phase of the demo session starts that determines the selling power and prowess of the sales team, to bound the prospect into buying the product.
Although, this type of selling technique is an age-old selling tradition, but still it is followed in large scales by shops in the large part of the world.
The new digital information highway backed by the high-speed internet, opened new avenues for the sales persons, as the whole new era of e-commerce apps are available on the smartphone.
- Online web store or online shop expedited the sales with the extra comfort of shopping without leaving your home.
- Now, newer advanced online shopping apps let the users find a product of interest, view photo or images of the products with detailed specification, features, and prices.
- As soon as the product is finalized the cashless transaction with the online payment through debit and credit cards, ease the whole process of payment and the product is delivered at home within specified business working hours.
With more and more online shops making their way into the digital buying habits of the customers, the delivery time of the products is expedited and most of the products are delivered, within the second day of making the purchase. The information technology powered the sales person with the automated sales management software like CRM that accelerated, the sales graph by real-time analysis of the customer data.
Door to door selling is transformed digitally into mobile shopping
The door to door sales, use to be the very effective form of conventional sales, to market business years ago. In this type of traditional selling hard labor was demanded from the sales people, but it proved effective sometime when you are directly connecting the consumers, with the product like kitchenware and hardware.
- The salesperson knocks on an opportunity to interact with the prospect, face to face by a visit and collects extra information, on the additional requirements of the prospect and their special preferences in the form of likes and dislikes.
- This kind of traditional techniques forms a part within effective sales, where direct prospect engagement results in direct sales and as the trust builds up, the customers also plan and prefers for the next buy, on the basis of the rapport built by the sales person with his communication skills.
The digital sales in the form of online shopping opened up new ways of instant shopping, as shopping online is the easiest way to shop at the comfort of the home, providing alternatives of distant shopping.
- The person sitting in one part of the world can shop the product of choice from, an entirely different country and continent through online shopping apps.
- The conventional mode of the door to door shopping is completely vanished in the amazing shopping experience of digital sales.
- Now, we have all kinds of online web stores platforms for almost all the shopping things like the purchase of clothes, mobile, gifts, shoes, books, bags, jewelry, furniture and various daily needs even the house can be purchased online.
With so many online options available the tasks of the sales representatives, sales manager, and marketing professional is entirely transformed into more tech-enabled sales management, involving the use of the automated advanced sales software like Salesforce and MS Dynamics CRM. The significant role of an expert MS Dynamics CRM consultant broadens here, as the entire sales funnel from the initial interaction with the prospect to capturing the lead and subsequent conversion into opportunity and sales close is done with the advanced MS dynamic CRM advanced sales management software.
Crew and Kiosk Sales is a thing of the past
The crew and kiosk sales were one of the charm of the traditional selling, as the sales person was able to instantly grab the attention of the buyers by his communicative selling gimmicks. This proves almost effective at places crowded with the people like market and tourist places. The digital sales are the new norm of the Information Technology revolution as the conventional modes of crew and kiosks is outdated now, as new platforms like online shops offer enhanced benefits:
- Biggest perk in the form of Extra Convenience to shop at home
- The online shopping offers reasonable discounts of Better prices
- Shop for more variety for amazing online choices
- Cost effective as there are fewer expenses
- Facilitates easy modes of price comparisons for detailed product information in the same mobile app
- The best part you don’t have to face rush as there is absolutely no crowds.
Sales via Yellow Pages and Telemarketing is converted into Big data
The whole concept of selling via yellow pages was a very popular selling methodology that got a good response from the sellers earlier in the pre-internet era. This was the easiest way to catch up with all the information details mentioned, in the yellow page’s book directory of business listing, mentioning the names and the locations. In addition to this telemarketing worked parallel, as the sales persons were in charge of calling the interested prospect straight from inside the yellow book directory, spending hours on the phone making cold calls to cold leads. Though this was the long monotonous time-consuming process, as the called person most definitely won’t make the time to return a call left on their voice mail by a sales person.
The more advanced Social CRM is a step ahead to give good sales insight and better sales forecast, on the customer buying behavior and purchase history, collecting all the information from various newer social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and so on. E-commerce is the future of digital sales that opened new avenues of selling and buying in the technology innovation. With the rapid development of more new smart mobile apps, sales transformation will be enhanced further to the next futuristic level, expediting mass scale innovation in IOT thus smoothening, the whole process of sales from conventional to digital. In case, you are having a customer sales cycle to be managed automatically, then this is the optimum time to get sales automated via MS Dynamics CRM. Learn more about MS Dynamics CRM role for your business and get the answer, to your question on this, don’t hesitate to contact our subject matter expert consultant by clicking on the side link. We’d be happy to help.