Adopting the right sales strategy is critical to connecting an innovative product or quality service to buyers. With the constant evolution of technology, which has only increased in speed in recent years, many sales methods are outdated and our current ones might not last long. I’ve written a previous post about Conventional Marketing Vs Digital Marketing Demystified that was completely focused towards marketing as a whole, providing insight on how the innovative trends of digital Marketing affect businesses. This post also goes over some of that comparison between conventional and digital sales differences but expands on its predecessor with an analysis on all the technological innovations influencing sales.
The older form of sales, termed as conventional sales, proved effective in the yesteryears is totally outcast today with the advent of the smartphone, tablet and laptop. This form of sales has been largely replaced by digital sales. Here is a refresher on how modern technology will let you shop instantly in the comfort of your home. Connecting you to distant parts of the world and allowing you access to purchases there without the need for travel.
Digital Sales helps you take a break from cold calling
The first step of selling a product often starts from the initial contact to the customer, made by the sales person. This is one of the primary tasks that comes in hit and miss sales effort. Depending upon the selling caliber of the sales person and their communication skills, a prospect may decide to further be interested in the product or leave. The salesman often determines the buying interest of the prospect by giving an overview description of the overall product.
- On the basis of the performance profile of the salesman, multiple calls can be done to attract the prospect interest, to move the lead forward to the sales funnel.
- After the initial call if the prospect gives time to meet the salesperson, then the next phase of showing the demo starts off and a particular day is finalized to meet the prospect.
- Then, the next phase of the demo session starts that determines the selling power and prowess of the sales team to close their sale.
Although, this type of selling technique is an age-old selling tradition, it is still followed in large scales by businesses around the world.
The new digital information highway opened new avenues for the sales persons, as the whole new era of e-commerce apps are available on the smartphone.
- Online web store or online shop expedited the sales with the extra comfort of shopping without leaving your home.
- Now, newer advanced online shopping apps let the users find a product of interest, view photo or images of the products with detailed specification, features, and prices. This gives the shopper a better idea of what they are getting for their money.
- As soon as the product sale is finalized, a cashless transaction with an online payment through debit and credit cards, eases the whole process of payment and the product is delivered at home within specified business working hours.
With more and more online shops making their way into the digital buying habits of the customers, the delivery time of the products is expedited and some products can even be delivered with in one day of the purchase. The information technology powered the sales person with the automated sales management software like a customer relationship solution (CRM) accelerate the sales graph by real-time analysis of the customer data.
Door to door selling is transformed digitally into mobile shopping
The door to door sales, use to be the very effective form of conventional sales, to market business years ago. In this type of traditional selling hard labor was demanded from the sales people, but it proved effective sometime when you are directly connecting the consumers, with the product like kitchenware and hardware.
- The salesperson knocks on an opportunity to interact with the prospect, face to face by a visit and collects extra information on the additional requirements of the prospect and their special preferences in the form of likes and dislikes.
- This kind of traditional techniques forms a part within effective sales, where direct prospect engagement results in direct sales and as the trust builds up The customers may plan for the next buy, on the basis of the rapport built by the sales person with his or her communication skills.
Digital sales in the form of online shopping opened up new ways of instant shopping, as shopping online is the easiest way to shop from the comfort of the home.
- The person sitting in one part of the world can shop their product of choice from an entirely different country and continent through online shopping apps. Often they can get better deals on products by doing this.
- The conventional mode of the door to door shopping is completely vanished in the amazing shopping experience of digital sales.
- Now, we have all kinds of online web stores platforms for almost all the shopping things like the purchase of clothes, mobile, gifts, shoes, books, bags, jewelry, furniture and various daily needs even the house can be purchased online. A consumer can find anything they want when they need it, essentially empowering them.
With so many online options available the tasks of the sales representatives, sales manager, and marketing professional is entirely transformed into more tech-enabled sales management, involving the use of the automated advanced sales software like Salesforce and MS Dynamics 365 CRM. The significant role of an expert Dynamics 365 CRM consultant broadens here, as the entire sales funnel from the initial interaction with the prospect to capturing the lead and subsequent conversion into opportunity and sales close is done with the advanced Dynamic 365 CRM advanced sales management software.
Crew and Kiosk Sales is a thing of the past
The crew and kiosk sales were once one of the charms of the traditional selling, as the sales person was able to instantly grab the attention of the buyers by his communicative selling gimmicks. This proves to be more effective at places crowded with the people like market and tourist places. The digital sales are the new norm of the Information Technology revolution as the conventional modes of crew and kiosks is outdated now, as new platforms like online shops offer enhanced benefits:
- Biggest perk in the form of extra convenience to shop at home
- The online shopping offers reasonable discounts of better prices
- Shop for more variety for amazing online choices
- Cost effective as there are fewer expenses
- Facilitates easy modes of price comparisons for detailed product information in the same mobile app
- The best part you don’t have to face rush as there is absolutely no crowds.
Sales via Yellow Pages and Telemarketing is converted into Big data
The whole concept of selling via yellow pages was a very popular selling methodology that got a good response from the sellers earlier in the pre-internet era. This was the easiest way to catch up with all the information details mentioned, in the yellow page’s book directory of business listing, mentioning the names and the locations. In addition to this telemarketing worked similarly, as the sales persons were in charge of calling the interested prospect straight from inside the yellow book directory, spending hours on the phone making cold calls to cold leads. Though this was the long monotonous time-consuming process, as the called person most definitely won’t make the time to return a call left on their voice mail by a sales person.
The more advanced Social CRM is a step ahead to give good sales insight and better sales forecast, on the customer buying behavior and purchase history, collecting all the information from various newer social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and so on. E-commerce is the future of digital sales that opened new avenues of selling and buying in the technology innovation. With the rapid development of more new intelligent mobile apps, sales transformation will be enhanced further to the next level, expediting mass scale innovation in IOT thus smoothening, the whole process of sales from conventional to digital.
In case, you are having a customer sales cycle that should be managed automatically, then this is the optimum time to get sales automated via Dynamics 365 CRM. Learn more about Dynamics 365 CRM role for your business and get answers to your question on this, don’t hesitate to contact our expert consultants by clicking on the side link. We’d be happy to help.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Consulting
Cynoteck Technology is a leading expert on Microsoft Dynamics 365 and we provide an array of Dynamics 365 Consulting Services to all size of businesses. Get in touch with us for latest updates on Dynamics 365.