Baseplan – Field Service Application for Utility Services
- Baseplan used phone calls to manage its operation related to service calls for servicing machines, capturing technician time and parts used for servicing.
- This was not working as a reliable solution.
- Capital and time intensive operation.
- Delayed procurement or fulfillment processes due to lack of visibility and delay in communication.
Cynoteck proposed the implementation of the Windows 8 Store field service app which would be used by the field service technicians for managing the service. Cynoteck helped Baseplan in design and delivery of mobile applications to provide field technicians seamless access to required business processes, while on field. Some key features are:
- Providing field service technicians with a fast and reliable way of managing service jobs assigned to them.
- Allows users to capture time and parts used for servicing machine.
- Intuitive user interface using MVVM architecture (Model-View-ViewModel).
- Cynoteck successfully rolled out Baseplan IVT application for Windows 8 platform (as per business need) within 24 weeks.
- Helpful notifications (Toast Notification, Push Notification) to keep technicians informed.
- With Windows 8 store app solution, application reach has multiplied manifolds.
- Being hosted on Windows 8 store platform, the field service app solution is built onto store from start. Hence, it provides flexibility and agility to be scaled up as per business needs.
- Cynoteck provided a cost-effective offshore delivery model which helped maintain a lower cost of the project.
- Fast delivery time; from design to marketplace publishing of application within 24 weeks.
- Customization implemented conforming to industry best practices ensuring easier maintenance and future upgrades.
Windows 8, JSON, Push Notifications, Bing Maps,C#