IOT and CRM will drive your customer service to the future
“The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow”. Bill GatesThe term, “IOT” stands for Internet of things. The thin demarcation between living and non-living things is overcome with IOT. It provides data about non-living things with the help of motion sensors RFID tags and QR Codes etc. Internet of Things makes use of several different technologies, including RFID tags, QR Codes, and sensors that can be attached to items and devices to read information encoded in these tags. These connected devices may communicate through a wireless Internet connection, or through direct scanning of tags by sensors.
How IOT automate our life by improving efficiency?The term “Internet of Things” is the brainchild of British technology pioneer Kevin Ashton. He was the pioneer in this technology. IOT gives us the ability to understand the world of things by gathering and collect real-time data and act on it by analyzing the information improving operations and enhancing global productivity. IOT and CRM are beneficial for the industry and home automation. This comes as a boon to the manufacturing industry to monitor and service the device of the customer equipment and assures whether the device or the equipment is running smoothly.
The perfect mix of IOT and CRM foster excellent customer serviceCustomer service is another prominent factor that influences and balance the growth of an evolving business. The fact that the product and services supplied by a company meet the satisfaction level of the customers is directly proportional to influence the key critical business decision to manage and improve business. The crucial part of sales management in business focus on retaining new customers as gaining new customers is expensive. Customer satisfaction plays a vital factor as most of the customers are tech-savvy and directly involved on social networking sites, as it impacts social listening influencing reviews on product and services to accelerate customer lifetime value and minimize customer concerns.
Customer product connected with IOT device push notification of real-time data for malfunctioning and faulty device
- Customer concerns are resolved in a simplified smart way as product maintenance is carried out automatically by IOT technology embedded in CRM cloud. By integrating device (purchased product) to the CRM cloud and the IOT cloud all the information related to the malfunctioning of the device is sent to the customer service or local technician.
- Customer connected devices send notifications to the smartphone of the customer support personnel and the CRM software looks into the details of the available service technician and configures a case about an issue in the device, then CRM assigns a technician to the case.
- With a seamless mix of IOT and CRM together swift proactive steps are carried by the technician or service reps to provide instant maintenance to the customer’s device.
- Preventive maintenance steps are taken for the connected customer equipment by sending a technician or the field service either to fix it or troubleshoot the problem remotely
- The CRM software logs a case for your device providing proactive maintenance by sending email and SMS messaging to notify the customer both on the personal digital assistance and on the social media platform.
- IOT and CRM are valuable for the overall household appliances monitoring as the housekeeper will be well-informed in advance about the faulty devices.