Cadence Power is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical products. They are expert in providing value-added services including industry leading technology and inventory management. Cadence offers an extensive and dynamic portfolio of products, services, and solutions for the public power, investor-owned utilities, and industrial markets.
Cadence used legacy tools and spreadsheets to manage its operations wherein it was too time consuming to track all orders, invoices. Also, with no central system in place, there were minimal analytics and no streamlining/ unification of data. This was leading to delay in deliveries and overall loss to business. Further, with increasing business there was need of automation in business processes and business communication. Often the procurement or fulfillment processes were getting delayed due to delay in documentation and was leading to business issues.
Cadence Power engaged Cynoteck to provide consultation on establishing an IT architecture wherein it has agility to handle changing needs of a fast growing business. Also, the required IT setup was expected to be easy to scale and manage. Cynoteck proposed implementation of Salesforce along with AppExchange applications to manage Finance/ Accounting. This ensured that overall release time is minimal. Cynoteck succeeded in rolling out Salesforce CRM with Accounting Seed (AppExchange app) setup and customization (as per business need) within 8 weeks.
This introduced features like:-
> Automatic generation of Purchase Orders, Invoices, Sales Orders, Shipping notes
> Automation of inventory calculation
> Customized reports and dashboards providing snapshots to management for quick decision making
Further, Cynoteck delivered a comprehensive Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) solution by using Dell Boomi cloud integration tool. This added twice the horsepower to automation speed, wherein the purchase orders and invoices were flowing between Cadence and its client’s systems seamlessly without any manual intervention.
- FASTER TURNAROUND TIME – with loads of automation and intuitiveness added to operations. Overall turnaround time of business has been greatly reduced leading to increased business and customer satisfaction
- TIME – Cynoteck delivered both the modules i.e. CRM Implementation and EDI Implementation within 16 weeks
- COST-EFFECTIVE – With Salesforce on-demand model, solution ensured that Cadence initial investment into technology is kept minimal. Cynoteck provides a cost-effective offshore delivery model which helped maintain lower cost of project
- CLOUD – Being on cloud, there are no infrastructure costs associated with final solution
- AGILITY – Being hosted on Salesforce.com platform, the solution is built onto cloud from start. Hence, it provides flexibility and agility to be scaled up as per business needs. Additionally, Cynoteck ensured that the customization being implemented conforms to industry best practices
- FUTURE READY – System is scalable and extendable to meet any business requirement in future.
Proposed cloud architecture design.
Configured and customized Accounting Seed (accounting app).
Developed custom automations.
EDI Implementation using Dell Boomi.
Key Success Factors
Cynoteck’s expertise in delivering solution on Salesforce.com platform.
Diligence in delivering releases on time and with utmost quality.
Cost-effective solution and low-cost development Salesforce.com platform.